Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Some Favorite Investing Blogs

When it comes to investing, I'm an avid, selective, careful, critical, and thoughtful (i.e. ASCCT) reader.  For the past three years, I have used a reading aggregator called Netvibes to continually gather articles as they are posted from the approximately 80 investing-related website blogs that I track.  I strongly recommend using a reading aggregator and there are several excellent ones you can test to determine which one best serves your own needs.

A few favorite blogs are listed below by category.  Perhaps you will consider including these as you develop your own reading aggregator?
  1. Financial News -- Marketwatch, Yahoo Finance                                                    
  2. Investing -- Abnormal Returns, The Pragmatic Capitalist, The Big Picture
  3. Value Investing --ValueWalk, Validea's Guru Investor Blog
  4. Economics -- Advisor Perspectives, Calculated Risk
  5. Covered Calls -- Covered Calls Advisor (of course!), The Blue Collar Investor
Although I carefully read in excess of 100 investing-related articles each week, there are probably six times that many articles in the 80 blogs.  So I survey the article titles (and sometimes their initial paragraphs) to select those articles that I believe will be most interesting, insightful, and worthwhile.

I hope this article is helpful to you.

Best wishes,
Jeff